Hand-drawn 2020 - The Architecture Drawing Prize
The Architecture Drawing Prize is an international competition that celebrates the art and skill of architectural drawing.
- Technical skill Success in conveying a design idea, be it a general concept or a specific proposal
- Originality of approach
- Quality of drawing irrespective of the project it may represent (built, unbuilt or purely conceptual)
- Extent to which the drawing makes a proposition about architecture, rather than simply recording it
This year we will also have a 'Lockdown Prize'. The prize will be rewarded to any of the shortlist drawings relating to the theme of lockdown due to the current global pandemic. Whether it be a drawing you completed during lockdown or a drawing relating to the changes that Covid-19 will bring to architecture. Simply enter any of the other categories and tick the 'Consider me for the Lockdown Prize' box on the entry form to enter for free.
Initial anonymous submissions should be sent digitally to World Architecture Festival using The Architecture Drawing Prize entry form. Candidates whose work is shortlisted will be responsible for providing their entries in exhibition-ready form (original if hand-drawn or hybrid with significant input from hand-drawing; for digital material in the form intended for display - either high quality print or digital file if intended to be seen on screen). Judging will take place in October and all entrants will be informed if they have been selected by early November.
The finalists are asked to kindly leave originals with The Architecture Drawing Prize team until February 2021 so that these can be exhibited at Sir John Soane’s Museum throughout January and February 2021.
Cost to enter: £198 (including VAT)
Under 30 or a student? Use code UNDER30 and enter for just £24 including VAT. You will be required to provide your date of birth.
What you will need for the online entry form:
- A high resolution image of your drawing (minimum 300 DPI and up to 12 MB)
- Brief description of subject matter which can be used for caption purposes if exhibited (50 words maximum). Please include; medium of drawing (how it is made) and/ or the software package used.
Entry deadline extended until 16th October